Dear Neighbor, Saturday, September 7, 2013 is South Oakland Community Day (SOCD) at Dan Marino Field on Frazier St from Noon-6pm. This year’s event is proudly presented in collaboration between the South Oakland Neighborhood Group (SONG) and the Oakcliffe Housing Club (OHC), both volunteer community groups. South Oakland Community Day is a fun-filled event that has attracted nearly 500 participants in the past with food & music, raffles & giveaways, sports, games and activities for all ages. The community volunteers in South Oakland enrich the lives of the people and the area in which they reside. Volunteers coordinate clean-ups of city streets and collaborate with local politicians to maintain and correct necessary neighborhood needs. Volunteers protect the greenways and green spaces that adorn the cliff sides and provide student groups with environmental education through hands-on stewardship and ecological training. Volunteers also work with the neighborhood youth through after school and lunch programs. For their efforts, we would like to make this event a great close to the summer. The end of the summer means the beginning of a new semester for the university students that will soon call South Oakland home. South Oakland Community Day is the ideal time for neighbors to reach out to the many new students from Point Park University, Carnegie Mellon University, Carlow University and the University of Pittsburgh and invite them into our community. With this in mind, we would like to keep the tradition of making this event mostly inexpensive or free. As a valued member of our community we would like to ask for your support to make this the best event possible. You can help us by providing a monetary donation or gifts we can use for raffles. Donations help us pay for food, supplies and programming. Our donor request form can be found on the reverse side of this letter. As our fiscal agent, Oakland Planning and Development Corporation will provide a copy of their tax-exempt certificate as needed. Thank you in advance for your support. Every little bit helps!
|David Panasiuk, Chairman, OHC
Co-Chair, SOCD Planning Committee
|Mark Oleniacz, Communications, SONG,
Co-Chair, SOCD Planning Committee
Donation request form for South Oakland Community Day 2013
Saturday, September 7, 2013 Noon – 6pm
|Next Door Neighbor $15
|Resident Treasurer $100 All of the above plus…
- Please return with check, if applicable, made payable to:
- Oakland Planning & Development Corporation 235 Atwood St. Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- ***Important: Please mark “South Oakland Community Day” or “SOCD” in the check memo.
- For help or more information, please contact Sponsorship Chair, David Panasiuk by email through the OHC Contact Page
- You can also make monetary donations online at: www.youcaring.com/South-Oakland-Community-Day
- Donated items will receive recognition on our website and a listing in our program based on contribution level value.
- We are now accepting applications for vendors to the event. For more information about becoming a vendor, please contact the Marketing and Volunteer Chair, Mark Oleniacz through the SONG Contact Page.
- To fill out a vendor application online, please visit: http://southoaklandpgh.org/SOCD-VENDORS/
- If you would like to volunteer for the event or help in anyway, please contact the Marketing and Volunteer Chair, Mark Oleniacz through the SONG Contact Page.