- Frick Greenhouse and Shiloh Farm Manager (Full-time)
- Learning Garden Educator (Full-time)
- Community Garden Coordinator (Part-time 30+ hours/wk)
- Open to the Public
- Bring Your Resume
- Meet Employers
- Explore Opportunities
- Dress Professionally
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 am – 6 pm
- Wednesdays: 9 am – 7:45 pm
- Saturday, May 7: 12 pm – 4 pm
Last month the City, Uptown Partners, Oakland Planning & Development Corp., and neighbors had a hugely successful OPEN HOUSE to kick off the Uptown/West Oakland EcoInnovation District planning process! This event signaled the start of robust community engagement to create the City’s most sustainable and equitable district plan.
The Small Business Resource Fair – Government Edition is hosted by the Department of Innovation & Performance, the Mayor’s office, and the Urban Redevelopment Authority. This complimentary event is ideal for small business owners such as restaurateurs, retail owners, contractors, etc.
The purpose is to offer small business owners in-person access to representatives from all relevant departments within City services (zoning, permits, ADA compliance, etc.) in order to have their questions answered ― all in one location.
The next Small Business Resource Fair will take place on
Wednesday, September 23, 2015 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
City-County Building 6th Floor
414 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, 15219
- Stipends for students
- Career-based mentored work experience
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Microsoft Office certification
- Homework assistance, tutoring and SAT preparation
- Annual College Fair and Paying for College Seminar
- Meet professionals in your career field
- Sports/music and cultural field trips
- City of Pittsburgh residency
- Attend a traditional public/charter/private high school – entering 9-12 grade this fall
- Completed application
- Attend summer orientation on Fridays at 10am
- Willing to commit a minimum of ONE year to the program
- The Mayor’s Office will explore possibilities to provide better support to the larger maker community.
- Event organizers will publicly release a call for makers to participate in the first-ever Maker Faire Pittsburgh
- The Sprout Fund will premiere the Remake Learning Playbook
- The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh will announce the ten schools chosen to participate in the pilot stage of the project, “Kickstarting Making in Schools.”
- The Remake Learning Council will convene local maker stakeholders to advance the collective agenda for “Pittsburgh Makes.”
- Maker leaders from the region will join colleagues from other major cities to form the American Maker Cities (AMC) North.
The City of Pittsburgh Department of Parks & Recreation (Citiparks) will be accepting proposals for a contract to perform custodial and cleaning services at the city’s twenty-two (22) Recreation and Healthy Active Living (Senior) centers beginning April 8, 2015.
This Request for Proposals specifically addresses the need to provide regular, efficient and effective custodial and cleaning services to the 22 Recreation and Healthy Active Living (Senior) centers.
Citiparks is seeking proposals that provide an hourly rate for reimbursement for providing the services above for as few as four (4) specific facilities and as many as all twenty two (22) facilities.
Citiparks has partnered with the Department of Innovation & Performance and the city’s Code for America Fellows to develop the RFP website where interested vendors can sign up to receive updates, responses to questions, submission details and deadline information regarding the Request for Proposals.