VA Pittsburgh will offer free flu shots to eligible Veterans from September 1 through March 30.
VA Pittsburgh has several easy ways for Veterans to get vaccinated:
- Drop by a walk-in flu shot clinic at H.J. Heinz or University Drive from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. any weekday beginning September 16, except federal holidays. Check in at registration, and they will point you in the right direction.
- At University Drive: Go to the main lobby on the first floor.
- At H.J. Heinz: Go to the Ambulatory Care Center (Building 71).
- Visit your local community-based outpatient clinic.
- Visit University Drive’s emergency department during evenings, weekends or federal holidays.
- Ask for a free flu shot at any scheduled VAPHS appointment or from your visiting VA nurse.
Be sure to bring along a photo ID, such as a driver’s license or your Veterans Identification Card.