Two Capital Budget Deliberative Forums will be held this year as part of the City’s Capital Budget development process. This year, the hearings will follow a new format that gives residents the chance to learn more about what goes into the Capital Budget, discuss needs and priorities in a small-group setting, and ask questions of an expert panel. Residents will also have the chance to let the City know of specific Capital work in their neighborhoods that they would like to see done in 2016.
High resident participation is crucial to the success of the Capital Budget process, which is why we ask that all community-based groups commit to sending at least ONE representative from their neighborhood to one of our Capital Budget Deliberative Forums to ensure equal participation citywide.
Register HERE: pittsburghpa.gov/omb/capital budget
- Wednesday, June 3, 6-8:30 PM Greenfield Senior Ctr 745 Greenfield Ave
- Monday, June 22, 6-8:30 PM Southside Market House 1 Bedford Square
Each session will include:
- A brief overview of the budgeting process.
- Small-group discussions of budget priorities and resident’s needs.
- An opportunity for residents to ask questions of an expert panel.
We ask all participants to commit to the entire 2.5 hours of the forum. Food and refreshments will be provided. While it is not mandatory, we would appreciate your pre-registration.