Find year-round events for fun, entertaining and engaging things to do in the greater Pittsburgh Area.
Having fun doesn’t have to empty your wallet! Many of Pittsburgh’s annual events are free, family friendly and deliver a unique experience.
A sampling of ongoing and upcoming events and places to visit:
- Kelly Strayhorn Theater – Pgh East Side
- Gallery Crawls – Downtown Pittsburgh’s Cultural District - Sept 23
- Yoga in the Square – Sundays from June 5-Sept 25
- Allegheny County Special Events – Various County Parks
- Britsburgh Festival – Sept 7 & 10 Enjoy a sense of Britain
- Fall Family Festivals – Sept 24 & Oct 8 Free activities for the whole family
- The First Fridays at the Frick – Free admission, $5 donation suggested.
- Rodef Shalom Biblical Botanical Garden – largest biblical botanical garden in North America
- City of Pittsburgh Great Race – Sept 25
- Light Up Night® – Nov 2016
Check out their website for the complete list and links to respective sites.
Also a few of the “10 great family adventures in Pittsburgh this September” from NEXTPittsburgh
- Steel City Star Trek Celebration: Sept 2 – Oct 28
- A Fair in the Park in Mellon Park: Sept 9 – 11
- Pittsburgh Irish Festival at the Riverplex: Sept 9 – 11
- Fall Fest & 7th Annual Running of the Wieners at The Waterfront: Sept 17
- Dollar Bank Junior Great Race at Point State Park: Sept 17
- Hay Day at Hartwood Acres: September 24
- Pittsburgh Chinese Cultural Festival in Oakland: Sept 10