Friday, May 19th – 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM – Schenley Plaza (near Porch)
Have you always wanted to try biking to campus? This is your chance! Join your fellow Pitt community members and bike to campus on Friday, May 19th. New bicyclists and seasoned bicyclists alike are welcome!
- Enjoy the commuter café with free breakfast and coffee.
- Enter to win raffle prizes, including a U-lock and bike lights.
- Practice placing your bike on the bus rack in a low-stress environment with Port Authority’s demo bike rack.
- Receive a free bike safety check from the Pitt Police.
- Learn about bike laws and bike safety from the Oakland Transportation Management Association (OTMA) and The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
- Meet the Pitt Bicycle Collective student club and learn about a new Bike Co-Op space being planned at Pitt.
- Register your bike for free and receive a gift, complimentary of OTMA.
- Meet other like-minded bicyclists!
Don’t have your own bike? Healthy Ride bike share is offering free rides all day on May 19th! In order to use a Healthy Ride bike, you must be registered. You can register for an account prior to May 19th online at HealthyRidePGH.com, or register through the smartphone app NextBike.
Preparing for your ride?
This event is presented by: Pitt Parking Services Office, Bike Pittsburgh (BikePGH), Pitt Police, Oakland Transportation Management Association (OTMA), Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), Pitt Staff Council, Pitt Bicycle Collective, Healthy Ride, and Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC).