Given the weather forcast for severely cold weather over the next few days, we’re repeating some cold weather safety info.
COLD WEATHER SAFETY
As the temperatures are forecast to drop over the next few days we ask that you take precautions to keep warm. Please review the following steps if you have to go outdoors.
- Wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight and warm clothing. Outer garments should be tightly woven, water repellent, and hooded.
- Wear a hat, because 40% of your body heat can be lost from your head.
- Cover your mouth to protect your lungs from extreme cold.
- Mittens, snug at the wrist, are better than gloves.
- Try to stay dry and out of the wind.
Also, please be sure to check on elderly loved ones and neighbors to make sure they are staying warm and dry. And check on any outside pets, or even consider bringing them inside.